New Job Applications

One of the positions I've just applied for is an internship position with Public Affairs Ireland in the area of eLearning, with research into new platforms for distance learning and eLearning. For some reason I find this really interesting but I still think it doesn't work at the moment and i'm not sure why, for some reason people don't value online teaching even though there are some great free outlets available, such as PEOI or MIT's OpenCourseWare and their youtube channel for example. The correlation between perceived value and actual quality has always interested me, and the ability to alter the perceived value of a product will yield for success or profit. Warren Buffett championed the idea of buying stocks that were selling below their intrinsic value, and he showed enormous success with this idea. I think online products automatically carry some sort of burden based on public distrust, and therefore quality products have reduced value if they are in an online setting. This is why I believe that eLearning will only be successful at the moment if it is coupled to solid conventional educational processes such as written college exams. Elearning courses could be implemented to provide quality lectures for minority subjects in Ireland, where candidates from around the country could travel once or twice a year to do exams at a primary University to track their progress. I believe that it needs to show success in this before it can evolve any further but I'm sure it could become a huge growth sector in the near future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
I created this blog at a time when I had no idea what I was going to do in my life. I felt it would be an interesting project to track how my life changed and evolved from this point. I'm excited to see what happens...

Recent Comments