Feeling Restless

Well I managed to have a busy enough week this week so I wouldn't go insane, I worked at the career fair in UCD and painted my gran's house. It was strange working at the careers fair, I've actually been there for a few years and by now I know all the regular faces and companies. Each year, they all set up in the same spot and the same lost undergraduates get told the same thing over and over. Although, the interesting thing this year was the number of past students who were coming back, probably just to satisfy to their parents that they are making an effort to find a job. Everyone should know by now that its just an event to advertise the biggest companies in Ireland regardless if they are actually hiring graduates. As I helped a few companies get set-up and sort out any problems, I was jokingly offered a job by a few of them but I felt I had no real interest in talking to anyone about actually getting a job. Maybe I'm feeling a little disinterested at the moment after being rejected and don't want to put myself in that situation again. I also felt that some of the employers were equally as unimpressed, Nadine Corbett is a classic example as the woman from McKinsey who never smiles and seems like she doesn't really want to hire anyone who actually wastes their time going to an event like that. She'll actually be in UCD tomorrow from 11am to 3pm for some one to one sessions with students so I might pop down out of boredom/interest. I'm feeling a bit negative, and I don't like it. I really need to find something that will keep me busy and that I really enjoy doing. This feeling of restlessness is getting really uncomfortable, I can't take it much longer....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
I created this blog at a time when I had no idea what I was going to do in my life. I felt it would be an interesting project to track how my life changed and evolved from this point. I'm excited to see what happens...

Recent Comments